Application for permission to alter a Lewes district council property

This online application below is for Lewes district council tenants only. Before applying, please make sure you have read our guidance.

Eastbourne Homes tenants - make an application online or download, complete and return a form.

Mandatory field

Application for permission to alter Lewes district council property


This form should be used for applying for permission to alter council property. Examples of alterations include: 
- Adding a hardstanding to a garden 
- Refitting a kitchen 
- Refitting a bathroom 
- Fitting a new fire 
- Decorating the outside of a property 
- Erecting a shed 
- Erecting another building 
- Putting up a satellite dish 
- Putting up a television aerial 
- Altering the form of heating 
- Alter the internal layout of a property 
- Altering the outside appearance of a property  

You may be asked to supply a plan of the proposed alteration, a specification of materials or proof of planning permission.

These documents can be uploaded whilst completing the form online or sent:

By email to:

By post to:     
Lewes District Council 
Housing Services 
Southover House 
Southover Road 

Step 1 of 3 - Your details

What is your preferred contact method?
Please tick the box if you are happy to receive further information from Lewes District Council
Do you live in a block of flats?
Do you have sole use of an individual garden?