- toilets in the adjoining Gildredge Park
- tennis and basketball courts (it is recommended that groups should book in advance)
- skate park
Gardens and skate park opening times
Open at 7:30am daily on weekdays, 8:00am at weekends
Closing times vary depending on dusk
- January and December: 4pm
- February and November: 5.30pm
- March and October: 6:30pm
- April and September: 8:00pm
- May to August: 9:00pm
Attractive lawn areas a complemented with shady trees and a large rose garden. Herbaceous borders provide summer colour. A lower area has several enclosed courts for tennis and basketball. A skate park with concrete ramps, pipes and other features opened in the spring of 2012. The skate park opening times are the same as for the gardens.
Purchased from the Davis-Gilbert family in 1923. The former manor house was used as the Towner Art Gallery and local history museum until 2005 when it was closed. The house was originally built by the Reverend Henry Lushington shortly before 1777.
Within the gardens are numerous historic features including a small mid to late 18th century thatched hermitage building. In 2012 the park became nominated as a Queen Elizabeth II Field.