Location BN22 7LL
Adjacent to the seafront and one and three quarter kilometres north-east of the pier.
- café (opening summer 2017)
- children's playgrounds including one with a splash pad water play feature
- bowls club with some greens available to book
- lawns and flowerbeds
- field for informal recreation
- picnic tables and seating
The central feature of the park is a large artificial lake where model yachts and powerboats are often raced by two resident clubs. Many swans and other birds gather here including some unusual migratory species. Lakeside terraced paths are provided with seating and there are lawns with flower beds and some picnic tables. A children's playground is located at each end of the lake with a splash pad water feature in one. A café and toilets are available in the centre of the park (opening summer 2017) and a bowls club occupies greens nearby.
In 1906 to 1907 Mr. Davies-Gilbert leased a small area, known as Gilbert's Recreation Ground, to the council. On 15th August 1922 this and an adjoining area were conveyed to the council for £2,200. On 30th June 1931 the Duke of Windsor, as Prince of Wales, visited the park and planted a tree. The park was shortly after re-named Princes Park in his honour. In 2011 Princes Park gained Green Flag award status for the first time.