A full plans application is suitable for all types of building work when you are working to architect's or engineer's plans. Using this type of application means that your plans will be checked by a building control surveyor within 15 working days and a decision will be issued within an agreed time of 5 or 8 weeks. This ensures your builder will be working to building regulation approved drawings. A full plans application must be used for all commercial projects.
Eastbourne Borough Council has partnered with the East Sussex Building Control Partnership for building control services. If you live in Eastbourne you can find out more information on the Wealden council website.
If you are within the Lewes district you will need to download the form below and send back to us along with the following information:
- a full set of architect's or engineer's plans, including site location and block plans (drawn to scales of 1:50, 1:100 or 1:200, block plans at 1:1250)
- a full specification of how the works will be carried out, including details of construction and materials
- structural calculations (where relevant)
- SAP calculations and an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) (where relevant)
- the plan check fee
Although you can begin work within 48 hours of submitting the application, it is advisable to wait for your approval, which can take up to 8 weeks, although it is usually much quicker. Please keep your approval safe because it will be required by the solicitor if you ever wish to sell your property.
What are the charges?
For fee details, please visit our fee tables page.
Full plans applications are charged in two stages:
- Plan check charge - this charge is for us to check and approve your plans and is required when you submit your application.
- Inspection charge - this charge covers all site inspections and will be invoiced following commencement of works and after we've made our first site inspection.