Eastbourne Cost of Living Crisis Fund
These grants are for voluntary and community groups.
We have set up this grants programme to help provide support to local people struggling with the cost of living crisis.
The deadline for this round is midnight on 31st October 2022, as we recognise that some projects will need support in time for winter. Depending on demand, the fund will then re-open shortly after.
We are inviting bids between £300 and £5,000 (£10,000 may be considered in exceptional cases) from voluntary, community and not-for profit organisations to address one of more of the Eastbourne Poverty Commission priority areas, listed below:
- Housing poverty e.g. housing advice initiatives
- Fuel poverty e.g. funding for 'Warm Space' initiatives
- Financial poverty e.g. debt advice and money management initiatives
- Digital poverty e.g. digital inclusion initiatives to help people access support online
Food Resilience Fund
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for:
- Food need e.g. food bank or low-cost food provision via an existing community fridge.
- New Community Fridges or larders in areas not already served by similar initiatives (grants will include connecting and signposting to existing resource).
Schools Cost of Living Fund
Grants of up to £1,000 for school-based initiatives that provide targeted support to pupils and families with the cost of:
- Food. E.g. provision of breakfast before the school day or provision of half-term meals.
- Transport to and from school, where a lack of transport support could result in non-attendance (and associated negative outcomes). E.g. bus subsidies for targeted pupils and families for school pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Uniform. E.g. second hand uniform initiatives/ subsidisation of uniform for targeted pupils and families.
Send any questions or your completed form to: Funding@Lewes-Eastbourne.gov.uk
Applications will be reviewed, and funding recommendations made by council officers. Funding decisions will then be made by the Deputy Chief Executive of the council, in consultation with the Leader of the council.
We are also inviting applications to our Warm Spaces fund. Find out more and apply at: