Our online forms are currently unavailable for essential maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
Latest update - Monday 5 December 2022: Funds for this financial year have been exhausted and we are no longer able to accept Discretionary Housing Payment applications from residents living in Eastbourne. The Lewes district scheme remains open.
Use our online form below to apply for a discretionary housing payment in the Lewes district or Eastbourne.
Service announcement: Some customers are experiencing an issue when saving and returning to this form, so we recommend completing the form in full, and not saving at this time. We are investigating urgently and apologise for the inconvenience.
To fully complete the form, you will need:
- National Insurance number
- Date tenancy started
- Date tenancy is ending (if appropriate)
- Details of any rent arrears (if applicable)
- Details of household debt – this includes the total amount outstanding, repayment amount and frequency of repayment
- Details of personal debt – this includes the total amount outstanding, repayment amount and frequency of repayment
- Household expenses
- Living expenses
- Childcare expenses (if applicable)
- Employment income (if applicable)
- Pension income (if applicable)
- Benefit income
- Other income, savings and capital
If you are not able to complete the online form in full at this time, you can download the Discretionary Housing Payment form (PDF 298kb). Please print, complete and return the application form to Customer First, Town Hall, Grove Road, Eastbourne, BN21 4UG
For information and your rights on how the councils use your personal information, please visit our privacy notice.