All our cemeteries and crematorium grounds are only open for reason set out in the The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020. We ask residents to please follow the social distancing guidance and keep 2 metres apart. Please note: Face coverings must be worn in all buildings.
Throughout the winter period, the Crematorium Grounds, Langney cemetery and Ocklynge cemetery will be open from 8am – 5.30pm. However, in extreme icy or snowy conditions access to the cemeteries and some areas of the crematorium gardens may be restricted at short notice.
Funerals can still proceed with a maximum of 30 mourners in the Main Chapel and 11 mourners in the Family Chapel. This is based on the safe social distancing advice for the size of each chapel.
- It is strongly advised that only immediate family and very close friends attend services. Face Coverings must be worn at all times, unless exempt from doing so.
- Those attending funerals should practice social distancing in all areas and wash their hands regularly. Handwashing facilities are available and hand sanitiser is free to use at the entrance to the chapels. We ask that you sanitise your hands upon entering the chapels.
- We request too, that used tissues and other waste items such as water bottles and used masks are taken home and disposed of safely by the individual.
- Those showing symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend funerals or any part of the cemetery or crematorium grounds
Those over 70, with an underlying health problem, or pregnant women are particularly encouraged to heed this advice. This may mean they may have to miss the funeral, or hold the funeral, or have a memorial service at a later date.
The cemetery is situated directly behind the Eastbourne Crematorium. All cemetery records, dating back to 1857, are held in the Bereavement Services office within the Crematorium.
- Summer (BST): 8am to 8pm
- Winter (GMT): 8am to 5:30pm
Hide Hollow, Langney, Eastbourne, BN23 8AE
Email us using our bereavement services online contact form (select the Cemeteries or Crematorium option) or telephone 01323 761093.
this map may not be accessible to some users.
View Langney Cemetery map
in Google Maps instead.