Coronavirus (COVID-19) update on funeral services at Eastbourne crematorium and cemeteries
All our cemeteries and crematorium grounds are only open for reasons set out in the The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020. We ask residents to please follow the social distancing guidance, keep 2 metres apart and wear face coverings.
Eastbourne Crematorium's main chapel is open on weekdays from 9am – 4:30pm for services only and at weekends from 9am to 1pm.
The small Family Chapel is only open for weekday services.
Our reception is now open on weekdays only from 9am to 4pm. Find our full contact details and guidelines below.
The Book of Remembrance Room is now open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and at weekends from 9am to 1pm. Only one household at a time is allowed. Please respect 2-metre social distancing and wear face coverings.
Update 20 August 2021: Funerals can now proceed with a maximum of 80 people seated in the Main Chapel, with an additional standing plus an additional area for standing in the foyer and outside. 25 mourners can be accommodated in the Family Chapel. This is based on the safe social distancing advice for the size of each chapel.
- It is strongly advised that only immediate family and very close friends attend services. Face Coverings must be worn at all times, unless exempt from doing so.
- Those attending funerals should practice social distancing in all areas and wash their hands regularly. Handwashing facilities are available and hand sanitiser is free to use at the entrance to the chapels. We ask that you sanitise your hands upon entering the chapels.
- We request too, that used tissues and other waste items such as water bottles and used masks are taken home and disposed of safely by the individual.
- Those showing symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend funerals or any part of the cemetery or crematorium grounds
- You can contact us by email using our online form or email email@example.com
- Limited services are available over the phone 01323 761093 or 01323 766536 during standard office times
- Our Bereavement Office reception is now open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. We are operating a one-in, one-out system. Please respect 2-metre social distancing and wear face coverings.
If you are enquiring about memorials for Eastbourne Crematorium, you can now download our memorial packs, fees and charges.