If you are worried about someone


If you are worried about a vulnerable adult who may be being abused, neglected or exploited, please report this to Adult Social Care:

If you are worried about a child or teenager:

Domestic abuse

National Domestic Abuse helpline number - 0808 2000 247

Domestic abuse or violence is a crime and should be reported to the police - there are also other organisations who can offer help and support.

Report online at www.gov.uk/report-domestic-abuse

Call 999 if it’s an emergency or you’re in immediate danger.

More information can be found on our Domestic abuse - Coronavirus page and our Domestic abuse and support page

Request support for vulnerable residents

Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils are working in collaboration with partner organisations, voluntary and community groups. Our aim is to support those who are vulnerable and isolated who may require additional support during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. 

The Covid-19 (coronavirus) community hub was set up to support members of our community who are vulnerable and isolated to provide them with the support they need to allow them to stay at home. If you are classified as "extremely vulnerable" under the government's definition, please register at www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

If you need to contact the council to request support, please use our online form:

Request support now

The quickest and best way to contact us with requests is online. If you, or someone needing support is not able to access the internet or our website, our Covid-19 community hubs' support numbers are:

  • Lewes district: 01273 099956
  • Eastbourne: 01323 679722