- Please note: the bidding process for major and housing grants for the period 2019 to 2022 has now ended.
Major and Housing Grants are awarded for spending in a three year period.
The Council has allocated £203,000 a year for each of the three years from 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2022 to be distributed as Major Grants of £10,000 or more and a further £56,500 to be distributed as Housing Grants to deliver the following priority services:
- Advice and Financial Inclusion services
- Youth engagement services and activities
- Services to homeless people, those at risk of homelessness and vulnerable people with a history of homelessness
- Services which promote voluntary and community activities and organisations through the provision of comprehensive information, advice, training and other support services to the full range of not-for profit organisations.
The council will not fund:
- Major capital works or projects
- Any project that duplicates services already provided and funded elsewhere.