Solar Together Sussex is supported by councils across Sussex, including the Lewes district and Eastbourne borough councils. It is a group buying scheme that aims to save you money on installing solar panels at home.
By generating electricity from the sun, you could reduce your annual carbon emissions by approximately one tonne each year and help East Sussex to become carbon neutral.
Registration is free and there is no obligation to go ahead once you receive your personal recommendation. If you’re interested in taking part here’s what to do next:
- You need to register for the scheme before 6 October 2020. You will need to provide details of your roof e.g. size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal for each household. Registration is free doesn’t commit you to anything.
- An Auction will be held on 6 October when pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work.
- You’ll be contacted from 26 October with a personalised offer based on the specifications of your roof. This will include the cost and return on investment from the solar panel installation.
- You can choose to accept or reject the offer. There is no obligation to continue. You’ll have until 11 December to decide and you’ll be invited to a local information session if you want to go ahead.
- If you accept the offer, you will be contacted by the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date.
- To find out more about Solar Together Sussex, if your home could be suitable for solar panels and how to register for the scheme, visit the website.