East Sussex Fire Authority would like your help in planning for the future so we can make the right decisions.
They want to make sure we put our resources in the right place, at the right time to deal with emergencies and help prevent them in the first place.
Our proposals include:
- Crewing – they have looked at the shift patterns worked by their firefighters
- Fire engines – they looked at the type and number of fire engines they have
- Expanding the building safety and prevention work they do in communities
- Reducing 999 calls – they have looked at how they can engage with the community and with businesses
- Non-emergency calls – they have looked at whether we should still go to some kinds of calls, such as bird rescues, where no human life is at risk
You can find out more and give them your views at www.esfrs.org/saferfuture
Consultation will close on Friday 19 June. The findings of the consultation will be considered at a Fire Authority meeting on Thursday 3rd September 2020.