- This consultation has now ended - the consultation report can be downloaded below
Between Wednesday 1 August and Wednesday 26 September 2018 Lewes District Council carried out a public consultation over its revised Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing guidance. The updated guidance over which we consulted takes into consideration changes in legislation such as the Deregulation Act 2015 and the Equality Act 2010.
We invited comments from residents, drivers, operators and other stakeholders on the draft ‘Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing guidance’.
- Feedback from this consultation, including email responses will be considered by officers and a revised draft of the guidance will be taken to the Lewes District Council Licensing Committee in spring 2019 for consideration
- We will inform all respondents of the outcome of this committee
- The council will aim to implement the new guidance from 1 April 2019 subject to approval at the Licensing Committee
- A copy of the final guidance will be available on our website and paper copies available on request