If you think that food sold in Eastbourne or Lewes may have made you ill, you should visit our Report suspected food poisoning page for advice.
What to report
Below are examples of issues you should get in touch with us about:
- sightings of pests in food premises
- poor food handling practices giving rise to significant food contamination, eg. you witness staff handling raw and ready to eat foods without hand washing in between
- poor levels of cleanliness in kitchens and food preparation rooms
What not to report
Complaints which we will not investigate because they present little or no risk to public health or safety include:
- shop assistants handling food without wearing gloves
- shop assistants handling food then money
- complaints of dirty cutlery or glasses
- shops selling food beyond 'best before' date
- poor customer service
Use our online contact form to make a complaint about unhygienic conditions in a food business in Eastbourne or Lewes.
You can find more information at Food Standards Agency's food safety and hygiene.