Coronavirus: Read the latest updates if you need help, advice or information from the councils on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Fuel Poverty: Help is available if you can't afford to heat your home.

Get involved in your neighbourhood

The information below outlines the ways to get involved in your community if you are a tenant of Lewes District or Eastbourne Homes.

We have a number of tenants and resident associations (TRAs) across the Lewes District Council area. These groups look at housing and other local issues whilst consulting with their community and local agencies to achieve their goals. 

Find out more:

Report it is the quickest and easiest way to report environmental problems to the councils when you are out and about. In just a few taps you can report the problem, give the location and include a photo. Your report then goes straight through to the right team to deal with the issue. 

Tell us how we can make community improvements 

The Tenants Organisation of Lewes District (TOLD) committee oversees an annual budget which can be used by Lewes District Council tenants to make improvements to Council owned communal spaces and facilities. Tenants can also apply for funding to support projects in their local communities or for projects that promote tenant involvement.

You can:

  • Check with your neighbours to make sure they support your idea, then submit an application form
  • Discuss your idea with your local tenants and residents association who, if they agree, can submit an application form
  • Talk to your local Senior Caseworker (Area Housing Officer) or if you live in a sheltered scheme your Retirement Housing Advisor (Scheme Manager). 

If you have an idea, please complete our online application form. Step two of the form includes details of the types of projects that can be done. If you just wish to view the types of projects that can be funded, please complete your name and date in step one and move straight to step two:

Start now

Applications will be considered by TOLD at their quarterly meetings after which you will be notified of the outcome.

If you live in one of our retirement housing schemes you can take part in regular meetings with housing staff. When circumstances allow, these meetings are held in the communal lounge, or at the nearest meeting venue to you.  The meetings talk about any issues that affect your scheme and sometimes include a “walkabout” of the scheme with your Retirement Housing Advisor to point out any areas of concern.  

To help you get involved we pay your costs, offer training, and provide access to services and assistance from Tenant Participation staff. Grants can be given to tenants and residents associations that hold a bank account. The grant is to cover running expenses such as

  • stationery

  • phone calls
  • refreshments for meetings
  • venue hire

If you would like to apply for a grant on behalf of your TRA please contact us.