Our customer advisors can give you advice about difficulty paying your rent or mortgage, your rights as a tenant or owner. Or if you need to find somewhere to live or are facing problems maintaining your home.
You can discuss any of the above by coming into our offices between the opening times mentioned below:
- Southover House, Southover Road, Lewes: Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm
- Saxon House, Meeching Road, Newhaven: Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm
Alternatively you can complete an online housing advice request. We can arrange home visits in some cases to people with disabilities or those living in villages with no transport.
To make an appointment to complete a housing assessment you will need to contact the Housing Needs team on 01273 471600. Alternatively an email request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to include the clients full name, date of birth and their contact details and the Duty Officer will contact the applicant. There is free internet access available in the local library.
Appointments can be made in the following locations and must be booked in advance:
- Mondays 9am to 12.30pm: Peacehaven. Community House, Meridian Centre, Meridian Way
- Tuesdays 9am to 12.30pm: Lewes. Southover House, Southover Road
- Wednesday 10am to 12.30pm: Newhaven. Saxon House, Meeching Road, Newhaven
- Thursday 10am to 12.30pm: Seaford. The Police Building, Church Street
- Friday 10am to 12.30pm: Newhaven. Saxon House, Meeching Road, Newhaven
When attending your appointment you will need to bring:
- identification for all households members
- evidence of your current situation such as tenancy agreement, notice to quit and so on
- evidence of your household income including recent bank statements
- wage slips and/or benefit award letters for all household members.