Helping with homelessness

There are other organisations and charities who are able to help you if you do not qualify for housing from us. Please read information on homelessness which outlines the criteria needed to qualify with us.


A free support service for residents aged over 60 in the East Sussex area to help you live independently. Residents aged under 60 should contact the Councils’ Housing Solutions Team out more about STEPS.

Brighton Housing Trust

Brighton Housing Trust (BHT) supports homeless people from across the south-east and has more information about what kind of support you might be eligible for.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The  Citizens Advice Bureau gives free advice on a wide range of issues including housing. They can also point you to other local organisations that may be able to help you.

Sleeping Rough

If you are sleeping rough or you want to get help for a rough sleeper you can contact  Street Link for support and advice.

You may find useful: