Coronavirus: Read the latest updates if you need help, advice or information from the councils on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Complaints to Housing Associations

If you have concerns about your Housing Association property, you should contact the Housing Association direct first.

If you are unhappy with their response, the next step is to put in a formal complaint to them. You need to make sure you follow their complaints procedure. This may be available on their website, or you can ask them to send it to you. 

If you receive an unsatisfactory response, you can then make a complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service. They may investigate your complaint and can instruct the Housing Association to undertake works. Note: the Housing Ombudsman will not investigate your complaint until you have followed the Housing Association's complaints procedure. 

Who can help me make a complaint?

Various organisations can help you make a formal complaint to your Housing Association. They can also guide you in applying to the Housing Ombudsman Service, if required. These include:

You could also contact your local councillor or MP if you are not satisfied with the Housing Association's response.

If you have tried all of the above, and are still not satisfied with the response, we may be able to help investigate your concerns. You can apply online:

Start now