Towner, Eastbourne's award-winning new gallery, is the contemporary art museum for the South East. Towner presents major exhibitions of contemporary and historic art alongside changing displays from the renowned Towner Collection.
For more information, visit Towner's website where you can find details on:
- Tours and Talks
- Artist Network
- Community Events
- Room Hire
What the Towner houses:
- Exhibition galleries of international standard
- A dedicated gallery for the Towner Collection and accessible Collection Store (by appointment)
- Cafe bar with balcony and spectacular views of the Downs
- Gallery shop with wide range of art and design related merchandise
- Activity rooms for workshops, events and meetings
- Large scale conference and exhibition halls that enable periodic uses for art exhibitions
Towner Art Gallery holds one of the most significant public art collections in the South East. It boasts in excess of 4,000 works of art by historic, modern and contemporary artists including:
Lawrence Alma-Tadema, Vanessa Bell, David Bomberg, Alan Davie, Tacita Dean, Olafur Eliasson, Anya Gallaccio, Thomas Jones, Henry Moore, William Nicholson, Julian Opie, Victor Pasmore, Grayson Perry, Pablo Picasso, Eric Ravilious, Wolfgang Tillmans, Alfred Wallis, Christopher Wood and Joseph Wright of Derby.
Learning is at the heart of Towner both in terms of programmes for groups and individuals, but also as a creative organisation we strive to develop and move forward continuously.
Towner is a resource for pupils and students at every level of formal education to explore creative practice and raise levels of attainment and engagement.