Skip navigation

Premises licences

In order to sell or supply alcohol, provide entertainment or late night refreshment, you must have a licence from your local authority under the Licensing Act 2003. This may be a premises licence or a temporary events notice.

We grant premises licences for businesses supplying alcohol or late night refreshments, on or off the premises.

You can also apply for a major variation or a minor variation to your premises licence.

In order to serve alcohol each premises needs a designated premises supervisor.

For further information and your rights on how the council uses your personal information please read our privacy notice.


You will need to pay a fee to apply for a premises licence in Eastbourne. The fee will be based on the non-domestic rateable value (NDRV) of the premises. Fee details are listed in the  licensing act 2003.

Any other fees are listed on the application form.

How to apply

We advise all applicants to read our licensing policy, the Home Office Guidance and any guidance notes provided before submitting an application.

Apply online

You can apply at

You may also find useful: