Camping and touring caravan licences

Public Health Act 1936, Section 268 and 269 Caravan Sites and the Control of Development Act

Under the above legislation all camp sites for tenants and caravans are required to be licensed by the Local Authority.  The licences are issued subject to conditions and can be issued for a fixed period or in perpetuity but the Local Authority retains the power to alter the licence conditions at any time, including the duration of the licence. There are several categories of licence.

As well as a site licence, planning permission may also be required.

If you wish to apply for a camping and touring caravan site licence for either tents or caravans the application you can do this on-line.

Apply online for a camping and touring licence. We work in partnership with