Coronavirus: Read the latest updates if you need help, advice or information from the councils on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Fuel Poverty: Help is available if you can't afford to heat your home.

Cooling Towers

All premises where cooling towers and evaporative condensers are situated must register with their local council.

This is so we can:

  • identify potential areas that could give rise to spread of infectious disease, for example legionella
  • ensure preventative measures are taken to eliminate the risk of such infection arising to employees and the public

Apply online

You can apply online through the website:


The regulations covering cooling tower licences is the Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992

You may find useful: