Everyone is welcome to busk on public land in Lewes District. You don't have to apply for a licence to busk.
Your performance should be considerate of those around you. You should follow our guide below to avoid disturbing local residents and businesses.
Guidance on busking
When busking, you should
- play at reasonable volume - only the nearby audience should be able to hear you
- avoid using amplifiers
- stop performing when asked by local residents or businesses
- avoid overstaying your welcome by moving to a different place, at least 50 metres away, every hour
- only perform between the hours of 10am to 6pm
- not use drums when performing - they create lots of noise and complaints
No person shall play a musical instrument, sing or use amplified equipment across the district that is loud, continuous or repeated that causes annoyance. You must stop busking if required to do so by the police or a council officer. Failure to comply with such a request is an offence.