Toggle menu

Wheelie bins

Changes to bin collections days from 4 March and new refuse wheelie bins in Lewes district

Apply for a local authority export health certificate

This certificate is issued and signed by us as the local authority. It is only for products and countries not on the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) list.

Why would I need an export health certificate issued by the local authority?

Local Authority Export Health Certificates are sometimes required by the government of the importing country.  They are often requested by the import agent or the importer as part of their traceability and food safety management systems. 

To apply for a local authority export health certificate, please email us at Our specially-authorised Food Safety officers will then print, sign and send the certificate to you.

Important notes:

  • Applications for a local authority issued export health certificate should be made at least five working days before it is required.  A faster service is available for urgent applications but an additional fee is chargeable.  
  • If your export has already left the area we cannot issue a local authority issued export health certificate

Fees and payment

There is a fee for this service. The cost of this certificate is £248.00.

At the moment, we will send you an invoice for payment of a local authority export health certificates. In future, you will be able to pay online though our website.