The council's ambition for the Devonshire Quarter is to create a thriving and nationally important and recognised cultural and tennis destination.
What do we want to achieve?
Our vision is to create a new improved cultural and tennis destination, including:
- New state of the art conference space and restaurant/café facilities
- Restoration of the three listed buildings: Congress, Winter Garden and Devonshire Park Theatre
- Upgrading the facilities in all buildings
- Improved tennis facilities so that the Lawn Tennis Association no longer has to bring in temporary facilities and new larger size tennis courts
- Distinct park entrance and new and improved public spaces
Why are we doing this?
It is also vital to ensure that the listed buildings are brought up to a high standard and sensitively improved to sustain their significant heritage and use for many years to come. We need to:
- Ensure we improve and maintain the standard of the tennis delivery to ensure we retain the tennis tournaments and attract other important tournaments to the park
- Maintain a strong emphasis on culture and retain and develop entertainment audiences by offering more diverse shows and events
- Provide much improved theatres, catering and conference facilities to improve the experience for visitors, delegates, hirers, performers and audiences
- Improve accessibility of the whole site as well as its sustainability both financially and environmentally and improve conditions for staff and increase operational efficiency
- Provide a more welcoming entrance and public area for the park with clearer links to the town centre and seafront
For full details about the Devonshire Quarter development including latest news and frequently asked questions visit the Devonshire Quarter website.