We are upgrading our revenues and benefits system
From Tuesday 17 October we will be moving to an improved revenues and benefits system.
Our revenues and benefits services will still be available during the switchover to the new system, which will take six to eight weeks, but we may need to ask you to do things differently during this time.
- Ongoing claims - payments will continue as usual.
- New claims - submit a claim using the form on this page: How to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax reduction
- Discretionary Housing Payments - apply here: Discretionary housing payments
- Change in circumstances - report any changes in your circumstances via our Contact us form
Council Tax and Business Rates:
- Continue to pay Council Tax as usual: Pay Council Tax. If you wish to set up a Direct Debit, this will be possible when our new system is ready. Please use one of the other ways to pay in the meantime.
- If moving into the area - tell us using this form: Change of address. We will set up your account when our new system is ready. Please set aside money to pay your Council Tax - we will send you a bill when our new system is ready.
- If moving out of the area- tell us using this form: Change of address. We will send you a closing bill when our new system is ready.
- New requests for discounts and exemptions - make these requests using the form on this page: Council Tax discounts. We will send you a closing bill when our new system is ready.
- Requests for refunds - make these requests via our Contact us form. We will process these when our new system is ready.
Please contact us if you have any questions.