Council Tax self-service Citizen Access portal
If you are a resident of Lewes district or Eastbourne, you can now register for our new Council Tax Citizen Access portals.
Citizen Access allows you to find your Council Tax payment history, set up Direct Debits, tell us about a change of address and more.
Important: please read our registration guidance below. You need to create a website My Account first and will then be able to sign in to Citizen Access on our My Account Login page.
What is Citizen Access?
Citizen Access is a portal for residents of Eastbourne and the Lewes District. The portal allows you to find your Council Tax payment history, set up Direct Debits, tell us about a change of address and more.
If you receive Housing Benefits or Council Tax Reduction, you will soon be able to access your payment history and account details on the portal too.
How do I register for Citizen Access?
You need to sign up for a website My Account first. You can create your account here.
- Select Create a new account below the Login panel
- Enter the email address you want to use for My Account
- You will be sent a PIN by email and the login screen on your browser will wait for 30 minutes for you to enter the PIN
- Enter the PIN
Once you have signed up, you will then be able to register for Citizen Access on your My Account Welcome page. Make sure you have your Council Tax reference number available, a record of a phone number you have registered with us, and your bank account number.
- Scroll down the My Account Welcome page to the Council Tax area
- Select the council you will be paying Council Tax to
- This takes you to the main Citizen Access page
- Select Register Council Tax Account
- You will be prompted to log in to My Account again
- You can then complete the online Citizen Access registration
After this, you will only need to once to reach the Citizen Access portal each time you visit the website. This is called Single Sign On. It saves you time and provides access to all your records in one place.
Can I still sign in to Citizen Access with the login details I had for the councils' old portals?
No, you will need to sign up and register for a new My Account first.
I have registered but not all my account history is on the portal
We are currently transferring all records from the councils' previous portals to Citizen Access. When we have finished, you will be able to see your full account, record and payment history.
- Citizen Access portal for Housing Benefit accounts
- Please note: If you are a landlord and need to access benefit payment information, we are currently sending out paper schedules. The schedules will detail the payments you will receive and the claims the payment is for. If you have not received any schedules, please contact email@example.com. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Read our FAQs which explain what to do in relation to Housing Benefits and Business Rates queries or applications during this time.