The information we hold about people has to be managed in compliance with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation. We are required to only hold the personal information we need to provide a service, to keep it secure, only keep it for as long as needed and not disclose it to third parties, unless there is a legal reason to do so.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of any information about you that we hold. Any such requests must be made in writing
- Have inaccurate information corrected and to request completion of incomplete data
- Request the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Request that we stop, or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request, but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement
- If you are dissatisfied with how the councils have used your personal information you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at email@example.com
You can find the councils' Privacy Notice at Privacy Notice and you can find further information regarding data protection and your rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.