Toggle menu

Wheelie bins

Latest updates on rollout of wheelie bins for refuse in Lewes district

Bulky waste

Larger unwanted items, referred to as bulky waste items, cannot be placed in your household recycling or refuse bins. This includes household clear outs, decluttering, bric-a-brac and electrical items. These types of items need to be taken to an East Sussex County Council run Household Waste and Recycling Site (the tip) for safe and suitable disposal including recycling.

Or, you can arrange for the council to collect them separately using our Bulky Waste Collection Service. Use this link for further details, charges and to book a collection


Check out if there is a Toy Library and other loan scheme for useful items in your area 

Use the most durable products and items where practical


Sell or pass on useable items

Good quality items can be donated to various local scheme Furniture re-use and recycling

Recycle - in your household recycling bin

No thank you

Refuse bin

No thank you

Other information

Check various websites for more information and ideas

< Back to A-Z