Arrange a bulky waste collection
If you are getting rid of old furniture, why not allow it to be reused instead of throwing it away? These organisations can help you get rid of your unwanted furniture and ensure it goes to a good cause once you no longer need it.
This service is for the collection and disposal of furniture, electrical appliances, white goods, bicycles, rugs, garden furniture and other portable household items. We cannot collect any of the following:
- asbestos, plasterboard, rubble, hardcore, or soil
- carpets or underlay
- wall units, and other large fixtures
- fuel sources including gas bottles
- tyres or car parts
- parts of fences, sheds or decking
- car batteries
- fire extinguishers
Any items we're unable to take, can be disposed of at your local household waste recycling site (tip), but if you are disposing of hazardous material please check beforehand that they can dispose of it safely.
Bulky waste collections are on Thursday and Friday every fortnight. To book your bulky waste collection please contact the Customer First team on 01273 471600.
- 1 - 5 bulky items (or 10 bags of small assorted household items) £55
- 5 to 10 items (or 20 bags of small household items) £85
- Fridges, freezers and fridge/freezers £40 per unit
- 1 - 10 bags of green waste (do not contaminate with other non-green waste items) £35
- 11 - 20 bags of green waste (do not contaminate with other non-green waste items) £55
- 21 - 30 bags of green waste (do not contaminate with other non-green waste items) £80
- Other heavy items (for example pianos) quoted individually from £95
All items must be left easily available outside the property, close to the road, and where a refuse collection vehicle can safely stop while the items are collected. Please try to ensure that the bulky waste is not left where there are any of the following:
- general obstruction to access
- uneven/slippery ground
- steep gradient
- poor lighting of the area
- excessive weight or size of bulky item
- a long distance to carry very heavy items
We reserve the right not to collect, and to re-quote. If you choose not to go ahead with a new quote your money will be refunded. Any quote you receive will be valid for 30 days, after which we will remove it from our records.