Bulky waste collections for Lewes district
This chargeable service is for the collection and disposal of furniture, electrical appliances, white goods, bicycles, rugs, garden furniture and other household items. We cannot collect any of the following:
- asbestos, plasterboard, rubble, hardcore or soil
- carpets or underlay
- kitchen or bathroom units or large fixtures
- gas bottles or fire extinguishers
- tyres, car parts or car batteries
- parts of fences, sheds or decking
Any items we're unable to take can be disposed of at your local household waste recycling site (tip). Please check directly with the tip to make sure they can dispose of any hazardous material.
Bulky waste collections are on a Thursday and Friday every fortnight. Bulky waste collections will be suspended during the weeks of Good Friday and Easter Monday - there will be no bulky waste collections on 09 & 10 April, nor 16 & 17 April. The service will resume on 23 April.
On the Thursdays we collect in the South of the district:
- All coastal towns: Seaford, Newhaven, Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and Saltdean
- Rural areas: South Heighton, South Ease, Firle, Piddinghoe, Rodmell, Iford and Kingston
On the Fridays we collect in the North of the district:
- Lewes, Ringmer, Glynde, Barcombe, Wivelsfield Green, Newick, North and South Chailey, Falmer, Ditchling, Plumpton, Streat, Westmeston, Hamsey, Offham
Please note that fridges and freezers are charged for separately and cannot be included as part of the 1 to 5 items or 6 to 10 items charge. This is because they have to be disposed of specially.
Domestic bulky waste collection charges
|Bulky waste for collection ||Charge |
|1 to 5 items ||£55 |
|6 to 10 items ||£85 |
|1 fridge ||£40 |
|1 freezer ||£40 |
|1 combined fridge/freezer unit ||£40 |
All items must be easily accessible at the front of your property. We cannot collect from inside your property, garage or from the rear of the property.
We reserve the right not to collect and to re-quote for the collection. This may happen if the items are not as described. You do not have to go ahead with a re-quote - in which case we will refund your money. Any quote you receive will be valid for 30 days, after which we will remove it from our records.
Arrange a bulky waste collection
To enable our operatives to focus on providing household waste and recycling collections, bulky waste collections are suspended until further notice.