New and replacement bins

If your household waste bin or recycling equipment has been lost or damaged, or if you need an additional recycling bin, you can order a new using our online form.

Recycling bags are an alternative solution to some households that do not have space to store a bin, for example, they face a main street. They are only granted to certain households and need investigation and approval from our waste depot. To request recycling bags, whether this is a new request or for additional/replacement bags, please Contact us

If you are signed up for garden waste collections and your bin has been lost or damaged, you will need to request a replacement or additional garden waste bin separately.

Start now

To reduce odours, maintain street cleanliness and to protect rubbish from animals, we strongly recommend residents put their rubbish in a wheelie bin. Rubbish must be bagged before being put in the bin.

Tick to confirm that you have read the guidance on requesting or purchasing bins

Important information for Lewes district residents

Use this online form to replace a lost or damaged recycling bin or food waste caddy, or to order an extra recycling bin if you need more than one. We will deliver your new bin within four weeks, and remove your old damaged bin at the same time (if applicable).

You can also use this form to purchase a wheelie bin for your domestic refuse. Standard refuse bins have a 140 litre capacity and are suitable for households with up to five people, they cost £20 including VAT and delivery.  If you need to dispose of an old refuse bin you can take it to your local Household Waste Recycling Site or request a bulky waste collection.

If you are recycling everything you can, and there are more than five people in your household (or if you produce extra rubbish due to medical reasons) then you can request a larger sized 240 litre refuse bin. These cost £30 including VAT and delivery.

Important information for Eastbourne residents

We are encouraging all residents to reduce refuse (rubbish) and recycle as much as they can.  We can provide extra recycling bins to help you do this.

Recycling Bins 

You can request recycling bins using the online form

Rubbish Bins 

We will only empty one rubbish bin per house as standard.  Most households will have a 180L black wheeled bin for rubbish which should be sufficient if you are recycling everything that you can and reducing the amount of rubbish you generate. 

Experience of other councils which have changed to fortnightly rubbish collections has been that most residents are able to manage with their existing bins. We are asking residents to see how they get on with their existing rubbish bin for a few weeks to check whether they really need the extra bin space.

You can request a larger or additional rubbish bin using the online form but each request will be considered on an individual basis and we may need further information from you.