Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
A referendum on the Lewes Neighbourhood Development Plan will be held on Thursday, 7th March 2019.
Important Notice: If you are a resident in polling district LGC or LGC1 your polling station will now be the Town Hall, Corn Exchange, Fisher Street entrance. A letter will be sent to you soon.
Key dates in the referendum timetable are as follows:
- Notice of Referendum will be Published – Thursday, 31st January 2019
- Electoral Registration Deadline – Tuesday, 19th February 2019
- Postal Vote Application Deadline – 5pm on Wednesday, 20th February 2019
- Proxy Vote Application Deadline – 5pm on Wednesday, 27th February 2019
District, Town and Parish Election
District, Town and Parish Council elections are due to be held on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
Key dates in the election timetable are as follows:
- Notice of Election will be Published – Monday, 18th March 2019
- Candidate Nominations Open - Tuesday, 19th March 2019 – Please call 01273 085193 to secure an appointment to submit completed nomination forms
- Candidate Nominations Close – 4pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019 – Do not submit nominations close to the deadline as errors can make them invalid with no time for issues to be resolved
- Electoral Registration Deadline – Friday, 12th April 2019
- Postal Vote Application Deadline – 5pm on Monday, 15th April 2019
- Proxy Vote Application Deadline – 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019
A meeting for Election Agents and those considering standing as independent candidates is planned for 5pm on Tuesday, 12th March 2019 at Southover House, Lewes. Please call Electoral Services on 01273 085193 to register your attendance.