Report fly tipping

Before you start

You should report abandoned shopping trolleys separately to the relevant shop, unless the trolley is full of rubbish. If it is full you can report it as fly tipping. 

We may wish to prosecute the person responsible for the fly-tipping. If this is the case, we may ask whether you would be willing to give evidence.

We cannot deal with fly-tipping on:  

  • private residential land including gardens and driveways   
  • railways
  • watercourses
  • agricultural land
If you are using a mobile device, why not download our Report It app? You can report fly tipping and other issues to the council when out and about.

You may find useful:

Data Protection

For information and your rights on how the councils use your personal information, please visit our privacy notice.