Report a missed bin collection
Bins and containers must have been placed on your property boundary by 6am on your collection day to be considered as a missed collection. You can report a missed collection online below.
- Missed collections should be reported on the same day, or the day after the collection was missed. If you report a missed collection after this time, your rubbish will be cleared on the next collection round. This applies to all collections in Eastbourne, and to garden waste and recycling collections only in Lewes.
- You can take uncollected household waste to your local household waste recycling site.
- If you are unsure when your collection day is, you can look it up online
- If you are struggling to get your bin out due to illness, injury or other difficulties, you can request an assisted collection service
- If you are reporting a missed sharps collection in Eastbourne, you need to request a new collection time
Please note that Eastbourne Borough Council is no longer collecting recycling boxes. Find out about Eastbourne's new Environment First collection service.
For information and your rights on how the councils use your personal information, please visit our privacy notice.