Report a missed bin collection
Before you start
- Our collection crews log all bins that have and have not been placed on your property boundary by 6am on collection days. Only bins put out by 6am and not emptied by our waste teams can be reported as a missed collection below. This applies to both Lewes district and Eastbourne.
I didn't put my bin out for collection. What can I do?
- We can't return to an address if the bin or container wasn't put out, even if it was a mistake. We will collect on your next collection date
- If you can't wait until your next collection, you can take uncollected household waste to your local household waste recycling site
- If you are struggling to get your bin out due to illness, injury or other difficulties, you can request an assisted collection service
Reporting a missed collection to us online
- You must tell us about a missed collection on the same day, or the day after the collection was missed. If you report it after this time, your rubbish will be cleared on your next collection round
- After reporting a missed bin, you can track the report's status online at any time
- If you are reporting a missed sharps collection, you need to request a new ad-hoc collection time instead
For information and your rights on how the councils use your personal information, please visit our Privacy notice.