Latest update – Thursday 20 January 2022: All refuse and recycling rounds resumed in Eastbourne on Wednesday 19 January.
If you live in Eastbourne please put your bins out on your usual scheduled days.
On your next recycling collection day we will accept additional recycling but please put this out in securely tied see-through plastic bags so our crew can see that it is recycling. Please be aware that we cannot accept recycling in black sacks.
Unfortunately we will not be able to return to rounds missed as a result of the GMB Union strike but be assured that your waste will be taken away on your next scheduled collection day.
Bank holiday bin changes
Only Lewes residents have changes to their waste collections over the bank holidays.
Find out what changes there are to your waste collections over the Christmas and New Year period.
Find your normal bin day collection. Read the guidance below:
- enter in your postcode into the search field and hit 'Search'
- you must select your address from the list
- you must then choose 'select address'
- your bin collection dates will then load below your address.
- If you want to search a different address, select 'change address' and enter a different postcode into the pop out address look-up.
- In Lewes district food waste is collected at the same time as your weekly refuse collections. Sign up for food waste collections.
- If you need to tell us about a missed bin collection, you can report this online. You can also track the status of your report at any time.
Waste and recycling calendars
Lewes and Eastbourne residents can download calendars from the Environment First website.