Toggle menu

Wheelie bins

Latest updates on rollout of wheelie bins for refuse in Lewes district

Boat licence

Pleasure boats and small vessels used for carrying passengers or hired for leisure need a licence to operate from Newhaven Harbour.

Note: This service is only available from Lewes District Council.

Who should apply

All operators of pleasure boats and vessels carrying 12 passengers and under, operating within a distance of 3 miles seaward and used for hiring need to be licensed. Operating outside this will require approval from the Department of Transport.

Apply by post

You can apply for a licence by downloading the document below and completing it on paper. Please return it to us by post or email.

Environmental Health
Lewes District Council
6 High Street


New Application - £85 

Application process

On receipt of a completed application form a check of the vessel may be undertaken prior to the licence being issued.

Download the form below to apply for grant or renewal of a pleasure boat licence.


Apply for a renewal or grant of a boat licence Lewes District Council (PDF) [55KB]

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon
Last modified on 25 June 2024