Lewes and Eastbourne Councils Direct Lets scheme is a comprehensive tenant finding service which introduces private sector landlords to prospective tenants.
Please Note - This scheme is open to landlords who have properties to let. This is not for customers who have an open homelessness case or an active housing application, in this instance please visit our Housing pages for further guidance on eligibility, or to start an application.
Many of our clients are single people or working families on low incomes and we are looking for properties with rents that are at, or slightly above, the Local Housing Allowance rate. We can offer various incentives and support to landlords who choose to let their properties via Direct Lets.
What are the benefits?
The scheme provides benefits such as:
- Financial assistance to update safety certificates or carry out minor repairs (terms and conditions apply)
- Direct rent payments as standard
- National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) approved rent guarantor
- No commission or finders' fees
- Free tenant referencing
- Tenancy sustainment and wellbeing support throughout the tenancy
- Reduced financial impact of 'void' periods
- Advice on legislative issues that affect landlords
Who can apply?
The scheme is available to all landlords with properties within Eastbourne or Lewes district areas.
To qualify to join the scheme, your property must:
- Meet health and safety standards
- Be secure, and in a reasonable state of decoration
- Have confirmation the property has had full gas, safety, and fire checks
- Meet minimum energy efficiency standards, including a valid Energy Performance Certificate of E or above
If you are a landlord and would like further information or you are interested in finding a tenant through the scheme, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
As part of the process, your property will be inspected by a member of our staff to ensure it fully meets the criteria.
Once this inspection has been completed and the property has been approved, we will then look to match you with a suitable tenant as quickly as possible.