Housing repairs and maintenance

We provide a repair service for council tenants when you have a problem. Find out who is responsible for the fix and how to report it to us by selecting your local council below. 

Gas leaks

If you smell gas call National Grid Gas Emergencies on 0800 111999 this is a 24 hour emergency line. Please inform us also after you have reported the incident.

Gas central heating - cold weather

Malicious damage or neglect

As a tenant it is your responsibility to look after your home and keep it decorated, clean and free from rubbish. You must not deliberately break windows, doors or any fixtures or fittings. If we have to carry out a repair or remove rubbish for which you’re responsible, you will be charged for the work. In extreme cases such damage or neglect may be grounds for eviction. 

Request a repair

You can use this form to request a repair to your Lewes district council home or communal area. Please complete all the mandatory fields to tell us your details and details of the repair required

Start now

Processing requests

Once you've contacted us, we can tell you if it’s our responsibility or yours to fix and whether it’s an emergency or a routine repair. We may need to visit to assess the work beforehand. If so we’ll contact you to make an appointment.

If a repair is needed, we ask if you want an appointment to be made with the contractor before calling. Appointments can be made for a morning, 8am to 12noon, or afternoon 12noon to 4.30pm visit.

Emergency repairs

For emergencies, please do not contact us via the form above. Instead call us at any time on us on 01273 471600.       

Please be careful to ensure this is a real emergency incident. Charges may be made when false claims are made. An emergency does not include:       

  • light not working (unless sparking electrics)    
  • leaking gutters or overflows
  • a minor leak from a radiator that could be contained in a bowl

Heating problems

For gas heating problems – please call our contractor BSW Services on 01444 836036. If your flat or bungalow is covered by a Scheme Manager you can use the emergency alarm cord to report faults with your heating.

Claims and compensation

If certain repairs aren’t done within target times, you may be entitled to compensation. The claims that do qualify tend to be ones affecting health, safety or security. If the repair isn’t done on time, you can ask us to get another contractor to do the work. If they also fail to do it on time then you can claim compensation. Compensation under this scheme is made up of a single payment of £10, plus £2 for each day the repair is uncompleted, to a maximum of £50. Compensation is not paid if you haven’t given us access to your home.

Request a repair

Complete our online form to request repairs or report maintenance issues in your Eastbourne Homes home or communal area:

Start now

Once your query has been made we can then set up a morning or afternoon appointment (Monday-Friday), where we will need access to your house. We also operate Saturday morning appointments for small repairs.

We are unable to respond to all enquires. Some examples of the sort of repairs/maintenance issues we do not deal with:  

  • broken toilet seats     
  • issues with letter boxes
  • issues with door handles
  • unblocking own sink, bath and basin wastes.  We will still send a plumber if the main drains are blocked.

Some examples of the sort of repairs we are responsible for:

  • blocked chutes
  • communal lighting, windows and grounds
  • heating systems and damp
  • gutters and drains
  • fences and gates
  • door locks

Please be advised that Eastbourne Homes are not allowed to advise leaseholders or tenants of preferred contractors for their own personal use

Items In This Category