Toggle menu

Noise, nuisance and anti-social behaviour

Our residents should be able to enjoy peaceful enjoyment of their homes. We work with residents to tackle any anti-social behaviour that causes a nuisance to others and will work with other partnering agencies to take appropriate action and support our residents.

Anti-social behaviour

We know that pleasant, safe communities and neighbourhoods free from anti-social behaviour are good places to live.

We will work with residents and other local agencies to provide the best possible environment for you to live in.

You have a responsibility to respect your neighbours and the local environment and be aware of and keep to the conditions of your tenancy. You are also responsible for the behaviour of your family, visitors and pets.

In consultation with tenants, we have agreed the following definition to encourage positive neighbourhoods: "Acceptable behaviour is behaviour that is considerate, responsible and reasonable and has regard for our neighbours and how our behaviour may affect them. It requires respect for our neighbours, our environment and our community."

We treat reports of anti-social behaviour very seriously and are committed to doing all we reasonably can to deal with and prevent anti-social behaviour. If you are experiencing any problems in your neighbourhood, use our online form to report it:

Start now

Anti-Social Behaviour Policy

You can see copy of the Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Homes anti-social behaviour (housing) policy below.

Homes First Anti-social Behaviour Policy (PDF) [177KB]


We do not have any powers to deal with aircraft, road or railway noise, but if you are experiencing domestic noise from neighbours, noise from dogs or noise from commercial premises, you can ask your council to investigate this for you. We cannot investigate a complaint of noise or anti-social behaviour without involvement and support from the person complaining, so this cannot be done anonymously. We will ensure your details are not shared with the person responsible without your knowledge.

If you wish to report problems with domestic noise from neighbours, noise from dogs or noise from commercial premises please contact us.

Homes First Anti-social Behaviour Policy (PDF) [177KB]


In many cases, issues with neighbours can be resolved by using the services of an independent service.

Lewes residents can use Brighton and Hove Independent Mediation Service.

Eastbourne residents can use Mediation Plus.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon
Last modified on 10 August 2023