Piercing, tattooing and electrolysis licences
How to register with us, complete an application and pay a fee before passing an inspection.
The following types of skin piercing practitioners must be registered with us:
- cosmetic piercing
- semi permanent skin colouring
To become registered you must complete an application form, pay a fee and pass an inspection.
The applicant must ensure that the procedures, equipment and facilities used are safe, hygienic, prevent the spread of disease and comply fully with the general duty of care required by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 as well as our byelaws.
Piercing, tattooing and electrolysis licences - Lewes District Council
How to apply
Many of our licences can be applied for online on the GOV.UK website. You will need to register or log in then follow the instructions on the site to complete your registration.
- Registration fee (premises) £140
- Registration fee (operator) £90
Piercing, tattooing and electrolysis licences - Eastbourne Borough Council
How to apply
To apply for a licence you will need to fill in the online form:
The fees for applying for a cosmetic piercing, tattooing and electrolysis licence vary:
- To register premises only - £140.00
- To register person (operator) only - £90
- Amendment to registered premises - no charge
- Replacement encapsulated certificate - no charge