Toggle menu

Wheelie bins

Latest updates on rollout of wheelie bins for refuse in Lewes district

Building notice application

A building notice application can be used for all domestic building works, except for when you are building over a public sewer.

Note: a full plans application will be required if

  • you are building over a sewer
  • you are carrying out works to non-domestic properties and buildings within 3m of public sewers

Eastbourne Borough Council has partnered with the East Sussex Building Control Partnership for building control services. If you live in Eastbourne you can find out more information on the East Sussex Building Control Partnership.

If you are within the Lewes district you will need to download the form below and send back to us along with the following information:  

  • a completed building notice application form
  • structural calculations (where relevant)
  • the building notice fee

You may start work 48 hours after submitting your application, however you do not have the reassurance of building to approved plans as with a full plans application. Your builder must be fully aware of all building regulations that apply to the work. Following our site inspections we may require works built incorrectly to be amended, which will incur further costs.

What is the charge?

For fee details, please visit our fee tables page. A single fee is required for site inspections which must be paid in full when you submit your application to us. 


Building notice application form for domestic works Lewes District Council (PDF) [132KB]

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon
Last modified on 08 August 2023